About Create Magic Initiative
Join your favourite brand YiPPee! Noodles on its journey to transform children's parks by upcycling plastic waste into playground equipment
How to join the movement
We believe that communities are true changemakers. Hence, we would love for you to be a part of this beautiful initiative. We have shortlisted 10 parks from each city and we will renovate 4 parks which get the maximum votes. So, vote for your favourite park now!
Steps to Vote
Choose your park
Choose the park you want to see renovated. 4 out of the 10 parks listed in your city will be selected for renovation.
Click on ‘Vote now’ under your favorite park.
Login using your email ID or phone number. Enter the OTP and register your vote against the park you wish to see renovated.
You’ve successfully completed!
Share with friends
Share the link to this website to have your friends & family participate.
Take one step ahead and deposit waste plastic at designated locations. We will upcycle it to park equipment.Contribute now
Choose your City
Sankey Tank Park11th Cross Road, Kodandarampura, Gayathri Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560021
Krishna Rao ParkDewan Madhava Rao Rd, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004
Freedom ParkSeshadri Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560009
Coles ParkPromenade Rd, Pulkeshi Nagar, Pulikeshi Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560005
Jungpura-B Park near Taxi StandDDA Park, NH-19, Jangpura, Block C, Jangpura B, New Delhi, Delhi 110014
Maharaja Soorsaini Park Hauz KhasOpposite Father Angel School, Squadron Leader Mohinder Kumar Jain Marg, Hardev Puri, Masjid Moth, New Delhi, Delhi 110049
R Block Central Park GK-1Greater Kailash Rd, Greater Kailash-1, Block R, Greater Kailash I, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048
Defence Colony Central ParkBlock D, Defence Colony, New Delhi, Delhi 110049
Dhote Udyan, SVS Road, Mahim2RMQ+HC3, SVS Road, PN Kotnis Rd, Mahim West, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400016
Swami Vivekanand Prak, MahimSwami Vivekananda Rd, Near by Public Bridge, Mahim Koliwada, Mahim West, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400016
Balasaheb Thakre Udyan- G ward- N M Joshi Marg45, Shankar Rao Naram Path, Lower Parel West, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013
Priyadarshini ParkNepean Sea Rd, Malabar Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006
Triangular Park - Ward 62Ripon St, Esplanade, Taltala, Kolkata,West Bengal 700016
Ladies Park - Ward 6027, Dr Rajendra Rd, Jadubabur Bazar, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020
Childrens Park - Ward 53Lake Connector, Subhas Sarobar Park, Phool Bagan, Beleghata, Kolkata, West Bengal 700010
Convent Park - Ward 55Republic of, 15, Canal St, Sealdah, Entally, Kolkata, West Bengal 700014
1. What is “YiPPee! Better World: Create Magic”?
“YiPPee! Better World: Create Magic” aims to convert plastic waste into playground equipment for city parks. Now one may ask, “why parks?”
This is because parks are integral to the recreation of the community, especially kids; and YiPPee! as a brand stands for playful excitement which makes this a natural fit. Besides, if we truly want the people to be involved in an initiative like plastic waste upcycling then it is important that their involvement and contribution benefits their own local community.
As a proponent of a “Better World” for the community, YiPPee! will refurbish these parks with park equipment (like swings, jungle gyms etc.) made from upcycled plastic waste by conducting a large-scale awareness & plastic waste collection drive.
This initiative; focused in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata; aims to create magic in children’s lives by advocating the joy of playing in open spaces while calling on the larger community to participate in the movement.
The initiative will be focused in the cities of Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata; where YiPPee! will collect & recycle plastic to restore & renovate 4 neighbourhood parks per city. The campaign, spread over ~3 months, will involve various stages:
- Shortlisting: Since we believe that communities are the true drivers of any change, we wanted to involve the community in selection of the Parks to be refurbished. We shortlisted 10 Public Parks in each city (with help from local municipal bodies) which were in need of renovation.
- Community involvement will be sought in 2 ways – a) Voting for the parks they wish to see refurbished, and b) Contributing to the upcycling drive by donating plastic waste
- Voting: Post the campaign launch on 29th October, we are urging citizens to vote for the Park that they wished to see renovated. With multiple communication touch points on TV, Print, Social Media, and Radio; we hope to reach out to as many citizens in these cities as possible to invoke action.
- Collection Drive: This is when the large-scale plastic waste collection drive will commence, where we will appeal to all citizens to bring their plastic waste to YiPPee!. With designated YiPPee! collection points all over the city, citizens will be urged to collect and donate their plastic waste. This very waste will be used to refurbish the selected parks.
- Final Parks’ Announcement and Installation of Equipment in Parks: Upon closure of voting, the top 4 Parks with highest votes will be announced in each city, which will be the parks that will finally be refurbished. We will be installing sets of park equipment (tentatively swing sets, see-saw etc.) in the 16 chosen Parks
- Park Inauguration:Each City will have a grand inauguration ceremony where the refurbished parks are opened to the citizens who made it possible.
Not only this, we will also be spreading awareness of plastic waste management practices in and around the installed parks via a partnership with Teach India.
For the “YiPPee! Better World: Create Magic” initiative, Sunfeast YiPPee! has partnered with the below partners:
The Times of India, the world’s largest English broadsheet daily newspaper, is the most trusted news brand in the country. TOI is built on the key principle of questioning conventional wisdom and presenting a comprehensive perspective to the reader of the news around us. Renowned for its extensive coverage of news, features, and diverse content, TOI has been a trusted source of information, shaping public discourse and providing insights on a wide range of topics for readers across the country. The business strives to implement path-breaking ideas and drive value-creation innovations.
Teach India, the flagship Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative of The Times of India, represents a comprehensive movement aimed at fostering a more educated, skilled, and socially responsible India.Teach India’s team, comprising Pedagogues, Teachers, Master Trainers, and Trainers, dedicates itself to educating, advocating, training, and skilling individuals across various age groups. It covers a broad spectrum of domains including waste management, education, health, financial and digital literacy, road safety, oral hygiene, and Spoken English. Additionally, the program involves conducting quizzes and other educational activities, contributing to the creation of an educated and employable populace. One of the most notable features of Teach India is its extensive reach, with the program delivering its services across all 806 districts in the 28 states and 8 Union Territories of India.
TIMES NETWORK, a premium broadcast network is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group. Delivering compelling content to over 100 million viewers in India and 100+ countries worldwide, Times Network houses best in class English & Hindi News, Hollywood and Bollywood brands including; TIMES NOW, ET NOW, MIRROR NOW, Times Now Navbharat, ET NOW Swadesh, MOVIES NOW and MOVIES NOW HD, MN+, Romedy NOW, MNX and MNX HD and Zoom. The Network also features original content studios The Zoom Studios and Times Chronicles. Timesnownews.com, the digital entity of the Network, has seamlessly adapted itself to serve the diverse nature and interests of the content-savvy internet audience.
Recycle India Foundation (RIF) is one of the largest aggregators of recycling activities in India and is also the most followed NGO on social media. RIF aims to bring awareness about recycling in India. We aim to educate people on waste disposal & help make India Clean & Green in line with the Hon'ble Prime Minister's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
2. Where in India is this initiative active?
The initiative is active in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata.
3. How are the parks picked?
YiPPee! believes that communities are the true drivers of any change, hence we wanted to involve the community in selection of the Parks to be refurbished. We have shortlisted 10 Public Parks in each city (with help from local municipal bodies) which are in need of renovation.
These 10 shortlisted Parks will be open to voting, and we would love for you to be a part of this initiative and vote for your favourite park!
The 4 Parks in each city of Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata with maximum votes will be selected for refurbishment. In total, we will be refurbishing 16 Parks.
4. How do I participate in the initiative?
There are 2 ways in which you can participate in the initiative:
- Vote for your favourite park in your city so that it has more chance of featuring in the top 4 parks in that city. We will be refurbishing the top 4 voted Parks in each City
- Contribute to the upcycling drive by donating plastic waste. This plastic so collected will be upcycled into the refurbished park equipment.
5. Can I contribute to the plastics collected?
Yes, we would love it if you can contribute plastic waste to the upcycling drive. This can be any everyday household plastic waste that you have at home.
We have designated points for waste collection, which can be found on the below link.
6. How are the parks renovated?
Post collection of the plastic waste via the large-scale collection drive, this will be sent for processing where they will be undergoing various procedures like cleaning, washing, flaking, granuling etc.
These granules will then be melted and converted into park equipment like Benches, swings, see saw etc.
This is how the parks will be refurbished with upcycled plastic waste.
7. What kind of plastics are used for the renovation?
Plastics like High Density Polyethylene (HDPE), Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE), Polypropylene (PP), and Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) would be mainly used in making these sustainable park equipment.
8. How do I keep updated about the initiative?
Please keep visiting this website and Sunfeast YiPPee! social media handles to remain updated about this initiative.
9. Can we choose multiple parks?
You can only vote for one favourite park of yours!